Saturday, November 23, 2013

Time to Immobilize

So after hours of Isaiah screaming, Dave and I decided to call his local pediatrician just to make sure everything (minus the OI-related stuff) is ok (meaning, no ear infections, allergies to formula, etc).


When we were at the office, Isaiah was screaming bloody murder and then passing out asleep.  He had a temp of 100.4 (which was new because it was still 97.3F in the morning).  

The doctor couldn't rule out an ear infection since he has all that build up in the way (and I may have emailed the audiologist as soon as we got home reminding her about that) so he couldn't see in Isaiah's ears...but he has no symptoms of an infection besides the low grade fever...which may have been because he was so worked up.  It could also possibly be a symptom of a fracture. 

The doctor really couldn't help us because "Isaiah is just so fragile"  Ugh.

So we went home confused and advised to "go to the ER, probably DuPont, since they know you so well".  

BAH.  I wanted to ask him the same thing I asked the nurse on the phone prior to getting to the office- "How will the staff of your office ever know my child well if you just keep sending him to the ER?!?!?!"  But alas, I didn't want to be rude to someone else.  I understand this disease is scary; especially when I know these doctors only probably spent 5 minutes on it in their studies.

We emailed with Isaiah's doctor from DuPont who said that it is likely a break and to medicate and watch.  So we did.

This morning we got a little of this...

and some of this...


See that self-splinting again? Oy.

Are you playing games with me here, kid??

No momma, something hurts. :(

So I wrapped what I believe is our first break at home...because my gut tells me it's that right leg.

And since Isaiah is no fan of swaddling, I've tucked him in tight to help immobilize him.

Thanks mommy, that feels better!

Hopefully, if it is a break, Isaiah will heal quickly.  If it's something else, hopefully we can figure it out quickly.  We have some first holidays to celebrate, darn it!


Fast healing for you, baby boy. Mommy and Daddy love you. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment