Monday, June 15, 2015

Prepping for Vacation

We will soon be headed south for our first family vacation (unless, of course, you count PAM-cations)....can you guess where we're going?  I'll give you a hint or two from old photos...


Can you figure it out?


My hints are pretty tough....


Who guessed Disney World??!?! If you did, give yourself a pat on the back.  :-P

Whoop whoop!  We're so excited! We're headed to Disney World soon for our first vacation as a family....I mean, we could have taken a weekend trip to the shore for our first trip, but hey, go big or go home.

Dave and I fell in love with Disney World when we went for our honeymoon seven years ago.  (7 years? Already!?).

Look at us youngsters!

We went back each year, even joined the Disney Vacation Club (DVC), until we bought our [first] house, then our focus was on making our fixer upper a home and starting a family.  The Vacation Club is basically a time share.  We "own" points at Bay Lake Tower (if you are familiar at all with Disney World, it's connected to the Contemporary Resort which is the A-shaped resort by Magic Kingdom that the monorail goes through).  We get our allotment of points each year and even though we "own" at Bay Lake, we can stay at any DVC resort.

The last few years, we've rented our points to friends; this year we're using them for ourselves to introduce Isaiah to our happy place.  We got clearance from all of Isaiah's doctors at DuPont....more details to come on that later this week.

For now we are packing and crafting and figuring out what will be best for Isaiah...

Yes, I did make my own luggage tags and pacifier clips. ;-)

AHHH We're so excited! This week I will share details about our upcoming trip...what we've packed, who we've called, and so on.

For now, I will leave you with a video of my most favorite thing about Disney World...the opening show at the Magic Kingdom....I can't wait to witness Isaiah see it for the first time!  



No comments:

Post a Comment