Friday, June 19, 2015

Father's Day

I've been thinking about writing this post for quite a while...I literally made this post weeks ago, named it "Father's Day", and inside the text box I had written "father's day/dave's bday".  And that's how it has sat.  Today is Dave's birthday and Father's Day is just two days away.

I had a hard time writing about Dave, so I've decided to write to him...

__________________

Dear Dave,

Here you are in year two of getting to celebrate Father's Day as a daddy.  I know you don't think Father's Day is anything more than an excuse to buy cards, :-P but it is more.  In our family, it's a day to celebrate you.



You are an amazing daddy to Isaiah.  From the day we found out we were pregnant, you were excited.  You had visions of Legos, football, and peekaboo.  We found out about Isaiah's OI and you learned about it, you accepted it, and you love him so fiercely.



Isaiah's OI has changed some of your visions (tackling Isaiah is out, buddy), but it never changed how much you love him...actually, you know what?  Yes it did.  You love him even more.  You know how blessed we are, you know how lucky we are, and you show that in how you interact with Isaiah.



You are so gentle with Isaiah.  I love when you try to make him laugh and when you succeed and you you get this look on your face that makes the corners of your eyes crinkle in just that way that makes my heart smile.



I love when you play guitar with him and you position it in such a way that Isaiah can play along with you.  I'm thinking I am doomed in the fact that Isaiah will have a drum set one day so that you two can start a band together.



I don't tell you enough, but I am grateful for you.  Isaiah is grateful or you.

Thank you for being the best daddy you can be to Isaiah.



Happy Birthday and Father's Day!

Love,
Your nagging wife. ;-)

_____________________

Happy Father's Day to everyone our there that celebrates it.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment