Wednesday, February 11, 2015

18 Months!

Thank you so much for the outpouring of love and support. We've been reading all of the messages and comments and they seriously warm our hearts. 

Last night was, weirdly, the best night of sleep I've had in over a week.  Isaiah slept through the night and I guess I was able let go because there no more wondering about what's going on inside of Isaiah's head. 

As I type this, we're in day medicine at DuPont, while the last day of pamidronate begins for Isaiah. I can't help but think how far he's come in a year and a half. The baby with such a grim outlook while living inside my belly is laying in front of me giggling and playing piano (and of course watching Mickey) a whole year and a half later.  

Amazing. 

___________

Today, Isaiah is 18 months old! A whole year and a half!!! This has been a BIG month for our guy.

I cheated and took this picture before we left on Sunday. There's something about watching him grow month by month in that high chair by the blue wall that just gets me. 


First off, unless you've been living under a rock/not checking out the blog, you know that ISAIAH CAN SIT UP NOW from a reclined position.  He can HOLD HIS HEAD UP.  HE CAN! HE CAN!! HE CAN!!!

TAKE THAT, HYDROCEPHALUS!

This has been something I have been dreaming of...something that I, in all honestly, was worried would never happen, (I can be pretty dramatic sometimes.) but he's doing it!  He sits up, he looks all around, he reaches for things...  He's been extending his spine, his neck, and it's amazing.


Before Isaiah was born, I remember thinking of how extra sweet certain milestones would be...and yup, that rings true with this milestone.  Every single time he sits up, we beam with pride.  I tear up more times than I'd like to admit.  I feel such extreme happiness....He's doing it!  By himself!  and he's truly as proud as we are.


His vocabulary has grown this month as well.  He's all about the "bubbles" during bath time.  He loves to eat "pasta" and throw "puzzle" pieces.  When he reaches for things, he says "I get, I get, I get, I GOT!" He says "yeah", "puff", "goo" (for good), and "I di" for "I did". 


He's wearing 3-6 months clothes and weighs about 15.5 lbs.  We're still waiting on a recent length but last I checked, he'd grown a whole inch since last treatment, which is honestly pretty significant growth for isaiah. I'm hoping it'll be an official measurement later today. :)

______________

Isaiah David, we love you, kid. We can't believe it's your half birthday! We only have 6 months until you turn 2! Oh man, I better start party planning.... Haha jk! (Maybe) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment