Thursday, December 19, 2013

Nap Time

Finally. I've finally gotten a routine together for Isaiah's morning and afternoon nap times.

He spends his morning naps in his playpen in the dining room. He always falls asleep after his Pulmacourt treatment, around 8 or 8:30 in the morning; I can always count on the vibrating nebulizer to seal the deal!  He usually naps anywhere from 20 minutes to a hour at this time.


Isaiah and I then hang out for a few hours. He eats. He sits in a variety of his baby furniture (not all at once).  We make faces at each other and engage in conversation. 


Then around 12:00, it's time to move to his nursery. 

At first he's all "oh hey, check out this cool mobile!"

And then he gets tired and tries to fight the urge to sleep, but I spend 2 minutes helping him hold his pacifier and before we know it, he's passed out asleep. 

Look, I even shut the door while he sleeps now, woah! 

Sometimes though, he fusses and whines for longer than 2 minutes...and I fight the urge to help him stop crying and just hang out in our room across the hall instead of hovering over him. If I notice his cry get frantic then I step in to calm him but usually that cry is all he needed to get tired and pass out.  

When nap time is over, he usually wakes up refreshed and smiling...


He normally naps for no more than 2 hours at a time in the afternoon...today he has surpassed that (in every way). He's dealing with a slight cold, possibly a fever (he had a temp of 99.8 earlier), so this sleep is just what he needs to fight it.  He took a 2.5 hour nap this morning and then a 3 hour nap in the afternoon.  I'm typing at 5:30 pm, and he again has fallen asleep; he's like his mommy, sleeping to get stronger.

Please say a prayer that Isaiah gets through this without getting worse.  I believe he'll tough it out and be better soon, but your prayers are always so wonderfully powerful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment