Tuesday, December 24, 2013

He Did It!!!!

Isaiah has given us the BEST Christmas gift that he could give us!

We've been working for quite some time on different oral stimulation activities to make sure Isaiah stays interested in the bottle.

I hated doing it at first because I was scared I'd hurt him....but obviously it's less painful and more fun...


After I work his cheeks, tongue, and gums we try a bottle.  The most he's ever taken was just one ounce.  His day feedings are a little over three ounces.  I'd try for one and then tube feed the rest.


But today?


TODAY HE TOOK (almost) HIS WHOLE FEED! He TOOK THREE OUNCES! (He was just 5 mLs shy of the whole thing when all was said and done so no need to turn on the feeding machine!

Please ignore my fabulous attire.  Today I'm still in my pjs at 10am. lol

And then I put him on my shoulder (!!!) and he BURPED the king of all burps.


and then when I sat him back on his back he complained and whined until I put him back on my shoulder.  He sat on me on his tummy for 45 minutes! AHHHHH SO PROUD!

MY BABY DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He drank from a bottle!

GO BABY GO! I'm so proud!

I may have called his doctor screaming in excitement.

His doctor was also super excited.  He had a lot of good things to say, including that obviously Isaiah's breathing is doing so much better since he can tolerate the bottle and suck, swallow, and breathe.

Truly, what a gift Isaiah has given us! 

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment