Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Perfect Day

 I just want to bottle up some days and never forget a single second.

That was yesterday.

We started the day out with a little "super" tummy time...


Where Isaiah tried to crawl again!  See that leg in the photo below?


He couldn't quite push off (he was going uphill on his incline) but he was able to wobble his way up to his toys.

!!!

During Isaiah's well-earned nap, I tackled my first pizzelles.


My mom used to make them when I was little.  And let me tell you...I was brought back to my childhood when I smelled that Anise extract, watching my mom from across the table as she created those delicious masterpieces...and now maybe someday Isaiah will be sitting across from me while I do it. :)

After Isaiah woke up, I turned the Christmas tunes up loud and he helped me bake some chocolate chip cookies.  He giggled and played, watched and listened, snuggled and sung....it was amazing.




Once Dave got home from work, the fun continued.  Those two guys made music and laughed together...


It was just such a fantastic day.  Do you ever have days like that?  Where you want to freeze time and just relish in them?  Thank goodness for technology, and for my recording a moment or two of yesterday.  It will be something to watch and look at on the tough days, reminding me that things can always get better....it's my way of "choosing joy"...

Speaking of "Choose Joy", did you know that Go Shout Love has brought back some of the shirts they've made for past feature families?  Isaiah's included!  And, if you get a shirt, it goes to the charity of that family's choice.  For example, if you purchase one of Isaiah's shirts, a portion of the proceeds goes to the OI Foundation in Isaiah's name.  How cool is that?  So, if you are regretting not getting one or want another, get on over to their shop. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment