Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Finally in the Swing of Things

Literally...but I'll get to that lame pun in a minute.

Today I had a few hours to myself so I spent them visiting some amazing people that I miss everyday- the students and staff at the school I've left to be a stay at home momma.  I love them and miss them and wish I could have caught everyone, but ya know, they have to teach and learn and stuff. :)

They all probably wished I had Isaiah's pacifier with me since I couldn't.stop.talking. :)

When I got home, Isaiah was nice and awake, so I decided to crowd our living room a little more and asked Dave to grab Isaiah's swing.  (See? Here's where the pun fits in. "Swing of things". Get it?)  The seat itself is quite the bucket so we had to add some rolled blankets, foam, and his new Hugga-Bebe support pillow (thank you for seeing this hard-to-get item for sale, Thera!), but he's in it!

 He's happy as a clam! (Are clams happy? I feel like that's a saying but now it sounds funny.)


I'm excited to see what his PT thinks; we meet her for the first time tomorrow.  She'll be here weekly; she'll be teaching me ideas to get Isaiah on his right side...



Except, oh snap, he's already doing a killer job doing that!  I'm hoping she has ideas for what else to work on.  It's possible I'll reach out to Isaiah's PT at DuPont for ideas too; he's so good with Isaiah.  

We did meet with his OT (occupational therapist) last Thursday.  She is focusing on keeping Isaiah's mouth ready for food.  She taught me to rub his cheeks, gums, and lips a few times a day.  Our favorite is when I rub my finger quickly on his lips. We both smile when it's time for that one. :)

I've already been working on everything else she wanted me to start. While we were still in DuPont, the speech therapist and lactation consultant had suggested we dip Isaiah's pacifier in milk/formula while he's eating.  We do that during his day feeds.  :)  

Alrighty, be on the look out for Isaiah in his first Halloween costume!  I'll try to post by tomorrow evening.  I imagine 90% of you could guess what he's going to be dressed up as this year.  ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment