Saturday, June 1, 2013

Dear Isaiah

Dear Isaiah,

Today we celebrated you.

We celebrated your upcoming arrival.

We celebrated your future.

You are so extremely loved...more than we can fully grasp.  Never forget how much love you've received even before you've joined us out here, before you've held our hands and felt our kisses on your head.

You have fabulous aunts and grandmothers who planned the whole thing from the favors to the yummy cake.

You have more aunts who helped to make the party fun and planned games and fun wishes for you to read when you are older, wishes that we'll read to you before you know your ABCs.

You have family and friends who have spoiled you, mommy and daddy.  These family members and friends traveled to celebrate you from Mechanicsburg to Doyletown...from East Stroudsburg to Toms River....they traveled hours in honor of you.

Wow.

One of my favorite things about today was the sheet of "Wishes" for you.  I realized while reading everyone's wishes that I didn't fill one out (bad mommy!).

So here's mommy's wishes for you, kiddo...

Isaiah,
I hope you learn: that life is full of challenges.  I hope you accept them and learn from them. 
I hope you love:  life.  Love your life. It's a gift, baby, that I pray you are lucky to experience outside of the womb.
I hope you become: as much of a Disney lover as Mommy and Daddy are.  Just wait until you visit Disney World!
I hope you grow: up to be the type of person that shows empathy.  Never forget that everyone has a story, everyone has struggles, everyone deserves to be understood and cared for.
I hope you aren't afraid: of needles. Be a brave little boy; they are meant to help you. (Mommy needs to remember this advice for herself.)
I hope you never forget:  We love you to the moon and back. Nope, to Pluto and back. No, to infinity and beyond.
I hope you laugh: Seriously, you need to have a sense of humor if you're going to put up with us as parents. :)
I hope you respect:  Everyone.  Especially yourself.  Be sure to always treat others as you wish to be treated. 
I hope you always:  Remember how wonderful life is and how much you are loved, even when you have a rough break or just a plain old bad day at school. Remember that love is stronger than the pain. Remember you will heal. You will go back to playing and giggling and living, maybe it doesn't feel like it at that moment, but it will again.

We love you, baby boy, and can't wait to hold you in our arms.

Love,
Mommy

_______________

Be on the lookout for all the details of the Shower.  I'll be working on that in the morning, but tonight this momma is exhausted.

I do want to say how extremely grateful we are.  We were spoiled today.  Spoiled with gifts and spoiled with love.  Thank you.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
<3 Vicky




No comments:

Post a Comment